East and West Algarve 2 Day Tour from Lisbon
A local educated guide who lived in the Algarve for 16 years will be able to unveil the history and plenty of unknown facts about the region and the sites. In two days he will show you the old history of the age of the discoveries by visiting Lagos, Sagres and Tavira walking through the historical streets. The guide loves nature and botanics as well and you will be able to experience the Natural Park of the Ria Formosa by taking a small train to the Barril beach learning about the old way to catch tuna.
Day 1 Departure from Lisbon to Faro, the capital of the Algarve
- Visit to the old quarter.
- Drive to Olhão and stop at the traditional fish, fruit and vegetable market.
- Departure to Santa Luzia at the Ria Formosa lagoon.
- With the small train we will go across the protected area of the lagoon to the beach Barril.
- Tavira, sometimes referred to as the Venice of the Algarve, boasts a seven-arched Roman bridge, some fine Renaissance architecture, numerous churches, tree-lined squares and a certain romantic air.
- Stop at the Salt Flats.
Day 2 Departure to Ponta da Piedade in Lagos to enjoy the most impressive rock formations
- In Lagos visit the historical quarter and the St. Anthony's Church.
- Stop at the oldest slave market in Europe.
- Lunch time in Lagos.
- Departure to Sagres and stop at the fortress where Henry the Navigator founded the famous navigators school.
- Drive to Cape St. Vincent, Europe's most southwestern point, is the strongest lighthouse in Europe.
- Back to Lisbon.
Highlights: Faro, Lagos, Sagres, Tavira, Natural Park of the Ria Formosa, the Barril beach, Ponta da Piedade, Cape St. Vincent.
Departure: daily. Includes: private driver/guide, pick-up and drop-off, private vehicle with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi on board and USB charger, accommodation and meals of the driver/guide, 1 bottle of water per person, wine and local products tastings. Optional: meals and accommodation, entrance fees to monuments.
Payment policy: the tour package is confirmed upon receipt of 10% deposit of the total cost.
Cancellation policy: 100% cancellation fee will be charged if booking is cancelled 7 day or less prior to the event. If cancelled after the non-refundable due date due to COVID the tour can be rescheduled.