Kotor City Private Walking Tour
Simply, Kotor is the city to which the visit is unavoidable! Kotor is a city and municipality on the coast of the Boka Bay in Montenegro. Situated in one of the most beautiful bays, this town of merchants and sailors has a lot to show. Kotor Bay (Boka Kotorska) is one of the deepest and longest in the Adriatic Sea and is often called the southernmost fiord of Europe.
- Visit Armory Square with a clock tower (4 centuries old), the main town square
- Discover Flour Square, old trading square where you will find Buca and Pima Palaces
- Enjoy the view in front of Cathedral of Saint Tryphon (1166), the biggest attraction
- Walk to the orthodox church's square St. Luke built in 1195 and St. Nicholas built in 1540
- Private guide
- Transfer from city/place of accommodation/stay to Kotor and back
- Lunch at some of the local restaurants
- Prolongation of the city tour duration
- Saint Tryphon Cathedral entrance fee
- Travel health insurance
Please note: the tour will start at the meeting point in front of the main gate, also known as 'the Sea Gate'.
The old Mediterranean archipelago, surrounded by impressive city walls, is very well preserved and included in the UNESCO list of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Throughout the city, there are buildings, intertwined with streets and squares, and on one of them there is a Cathedral of Saint Tryphon (XII century) the recognizable symbol of the city. The most impressive attractions are the city walls that surround the city, about 5 km long, high to 20 and wide to 10 meters. Climbing along the walls, you will arrive at the San Giovanni fortress at about 280m above sea level from which you can see the enchanting panorama. Various events, carnivals and festivals organized each year give this city extra charm. Kotor was nominated for the title of the best European destination in 2019, following the results achieved in 2018 at a competition conducted by European Best Destinations EBD. The old town of Kotor also has a great number of nicely arranged restaurants and hotels where you can taste traditional specialties as well as varied Mediterranean food.