Private Tour: Montenegro Wine Road in Budva
You will learn about the tradition of wine production in Montenegro. The hosts will offer wine from their cellars with Montenegrin specialties, and it is up to you to enjoy the beauty of drinks, food and an unrivaled ambience! Tradition of wine production in Montenegro has been nurtured for centuries. For centuries, wine was part of Montenegrin faith, culture and customs, so not so rarely Montenegro is called the land of wine. The tour can be arranged from Podgorica, Cetinje, Budva, Kotor, Tivat, Bar, and Ulcinj at the same price.
- Learn about the tradition of wine production in Montenegro
- Visit 2 wineries and enjoy wine tasting
- Transportation by private car
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Visit to the vineyard "Ćemovsko field" and wine cellar "Šipčanik"
- Riding by a touristic train in the vineyard Ćemovsko field (available only during summer season)
- Tasting of 3 types of wines (2 from the classic line and one special) in wine cellar Šipčanik
- Bruschette with Njeguški cheese grilled on olive oil and rosemary in wine cellar Šipčanik
- Visit to the rural household, vineyard and cellar in Nudo village
- Tasting of 1 brandy, 2 herbal and 3 wines with a suitable appetizer (prosciutto, cheese, homemade bread and honey)
- Lunch (goulash, potato and roast meat, salad) and desserts (some of the local cakes)
- Road expenses and parking fees
- Travel insurance
- Recreational riding time in the Horse Club Vranac (60 min active riding), with the presence of an instructor 13. Jul Plantaže
- A visit to the old cellar Lješko field with the tasting of three premium wines 13. Jul Plantaže
- Tour of cultural and historical monuments, near Zaslapnica river Nudo village
- Tour of the Bijela Gora where you can enjoy the forest paths, collect forest fruits, hike through the marked paths, visit the Austrian fortress or simply rest in a small wooden and summer house.
- Travel health insurance
Please note: Pick up from Podgorica, Cetinje, Budva, Kotor, Tivat, Bar, and Ulcinj. For pick up from other cities, price is on request. The price for the group of 4-7 people is 1132 Euro.
Visit: ''13. Jul - Plantaže - vineyard ''Ćemovsko field'' and wine cellar ''Šipčanik''
· We will visit one of the largest and most beautiful vineyards in Europe Ćemovsko field.
· It seems incredible, but even 95% of the vineyard Ćemovsko field is picked manually. During the harvest, which lasts from August to the end of September, when more than 2,000 pickers gather, this area really acts as a scene from an epic film.
· After driving by touristic train (available only during summer season) through a vineyard and a short break at the viewpoint, we arrive at the heart of the vineyard, the wine cellar Sipčanik. This wine cellar is located at an average depth of over 30 meters below ground, in the form of a wind tunnel of 356 meters long, an average width of 13.5 meters and a height of 7 meters. Before we enter the cellar, you will have a unique opportunity to enjoy the view of the entire vineyard, where you will experience all of the climate within only one wine house. In the wine cellar Sipčanik there is a wine shop with all the wines of Plantaže and other products.
· In the cellar it is foreseen: a tasting of 3 types of wines, bruschetta with Njeguški cheese grilled on olive oil and rosemary. Duration approx. 1h and 30 min.
Visit to the rural household and winery
· After visiting the wine cellar Šipčanik, we will head towards the village household and the local traditional winery in Nudo village. Duration of travel about 2 h.
· Wines of this winery come from the smallest wine region in Europe, Nudo. Nudo is a small village in Nikšić, on the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina, eighteen kilometers from Trebinje and forty from Risan. It is rich in both cultural and historical heritage, which is yet another motive to visit.
· When you taste their wines, wherever you are, they will take you to the epic estates of the high stone hills of Montenegro and the arable green fields of the Nudo, and you will hear how Zaslapnica river burbles, and how winds which come from the Adriatic Sea and Orjen, collide above the Nudo village.
· For years, this winery has won the most prestigious awards at all international fairs and it is the most successful Winery in Montenegro.
· In its cellars and tasting hall traditionally decorated with stone and wood, you will enjoy wonderful aromas of drinks and traditional local specialties.
· Visit the vineyard and cellar, tasting 1 brandy, 2 herbs and 3 wines with a suitable appetizer (prosciutto, cheese, homemade bread and honey), lunch (goulash, potatoes and roasted meat, salad) and dessert (some of the homemade cakes).
· Duration of visit: approx. 2h
· After lunch, return to the hotel.