Daily Author's Tour of Yerevan
We have prepared for you two completely different and rich routes in Yerevan, conditionally designated Red and Blue, alternating every other day. Which route should you choose? According to the guests' opinion both of them are better, because they don't overlap and complement each other to the maximum.
- Admission tickets
Please note: Tours start from the meeting place, the address of which you will receive after booking. The tour runs on two daily alternating routes. The schedule can be found in the "Photo" section.
Red Route: the most authentic Yerevan, a walk through non-tourist locations
- The theater where the great actor Frunzik Mkrtchyan served until his last days and you will learn where the funniest Armenians live
- The Park of the 2800th Anniversary of Yerevan, revealing through details the essence of the mentality of the Yerevan people
- Yerevan City Hall
- The Blue Mosque, the only functioning mosque in Yerevan
- Covered Market
- Kond (Old City) unjustly called the slum district
- Grand Cascade
- Tamanyan Monument
- Modern Art Center
You will stroll through the backyards of Yerevan and absorb the charm of a non-touristy city. You will see the place where the premiere of the comedy "Woe from Wit" took place in the presence of the author.
At the end of this walk you will enjoy a bird's eye view of the capital and if you are lucky with the clear weather you will also see Mount Ararat.
Blue itinerary: Classic immersive tour, Yerevan's main "must haves"
- A visit to the largest Armenian cathedral in the world
- Republic Square, the central square of Yerevan.
- The colorful "Vernisage" market
- The 19th century courtyards of Yerevan
- Khachkars Alley
- Yerevan's most famous drinking fountain
- Zero kilometer
- Meet an unusual resident of Yerevan
- Swan Lake
- Opera and Ballet Theater
- The place where the Armenian radio is (you will learn why they started making jokes about it).
But not only the history of the city will be discussed. The guide will uncover numerous secrets and give you priceless tips.
And as a bonus you will get a master class on making authentic Armenian carpets by ancient technology.
In each of the two itineraries, the guide will give tips:
- Where to buy the tastiest wine and dried fruits, souvenirs
- Where else to go and what to do in the countryside
- How to order in local restaurants,
- How to haggle at markets.
- Introduces you to the finer points of the Armenian mentality
The tour is fully guided by foot. There are comfortable stops along the way and photo breaks at the places of interest. At the end of the tour you will attend a question and answer session: you will be able to ask the guide any questions about Yerevan, discuss the tour and exchange impressions.