A daily walk around Verona
Verona will envelop you with its romantic atmosphere: its streets will reveal gray legends and its medieval buildings will take you back to the time when two legendary families, the Montagues and the Capulets, were at war. Choose one of the two suggested itineraries and go for the charm of the fairy-tale town!
- Get to know the main sights of Verona in 2.5 hours
- See the house where Juliet lived
- Admire the frescoes on astrology on the facade of the Cavalli Palace
- Walk the ancient streets of Shakespeare's illustrious city
Important to know:
- Tour reservations close 24 hours in advance.
- There may be more than 15 people per group, as no tickets are purchased for children.
- The tour is completely walking. Along the way there are convenient stops and photo breaks with a favorable angle at the sights.
- The tour is conducted without headphones.
- Please dress for the weather and don't forget to bring a water bottle, an umbrella, a charged phone, and a camera.
- On the sightseeing tour we do not go into museums, stores, or cafes. We tour them from the outside and can tell you when and how you can get there.
- After the tour our guide will answer all your questions about Verona and tell you how to get to the right places in the city.
- The tour takes place on two daily alternating routes. The route map and timetable can be found in the section "photo".
During the sightseeing tour you will walk along the ancient streets, hear the most interesting things about the life of the city, learn amazing facts about the love of Romeo and Juliet and amuse yourself with curious stories from the Middle Ages. In addition, we will teach you how to navigate well in the city and show you useful places. Our program includes 2 itineraries of your choice.
The blue route:
At the ancient Piazza Bra, you'll hear a story about how the Italian state was created and learn more about its symbols. At the Palazzo Cavali you will admire the frescoes on the facade of the palace on the theme of astrology. The Church of St. Fermo, which is widely considered the most beautiful church in the city, will impress you with its architecture. And the legendary House of Juliet catches your eye and silently tells the old story of two lovers who have known each other since childhood. You will also see the Roman Gate of the Lions, the former Jesuit monastery, the Palace of Reason, the Roman Forum and Dante's Square. You'll hear only interesting facts about each attraction along our route.
The Red Route:
You'll see the Old Castle, which guarded the approaches to the city, and learn about the intrigues of the ruling elite of medieval Verona. A walk along the ancient Roman road under the Arch of Gavi reveals the adventures that took place here! Then you will pass through the medieval customs of the Borsari Gate and visit the Wool Exchange. The route also includes the Church of Saint Anastasia and the House of Dante's Heirs, the Roman Stone Bridge, the House of the Professions, the House of Romeo, Juliet's Balcony and the Square of Grasses. Along the way you will meet the footprints of the great playwright William Shakespeare and we will tell you about his importance to Verona.
Who is suitable for this walk? Those who are in Verona for the first time and want to see the most interesting things in the city, to decide where to go later on their own, and to ask questions to a local expert.