A daily walk in Nice
On this tour of Nice, you'll experience all its facets: it's a city of boutiques and ancient churches, luxury hotels and medieval streets.
- Stroll along the Promenade des Anglais
- Talk about the terms "Riviera" and "Côte d'Azur".
- Talk about Russian Nice
- Learn about the life of the locals and get useful tips
- Guide's work
Important to know:
- Tour reservations close 24 hours in advance
- Group size can be more than 15 people as no tickets are available for children.
- The tour is entirely walking. There are convenient stops and photo breaks along the way with favorable angles at points of interest.
- The tour follows the same route each day. You can see the map in the "Photos" section.
- The tour is conducted without headphones.
- At the end of the tour you will have a Q&A session: you will be able to ask your guide any questions about Nice, discuss the tour and share your impressions!
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and a bottle of water.
We will walk around the main places from the Promenade des Anglais to the Old Town, discuss the concepts of "Riviera" and "Cote d'Azur", talk about Russian Nice. You will also learn about the life of locals and get useful tips.
Promenade des Anglais and the "Golden Square" under the sun of Nice
The walk will start at the beautiful Place Massena, where the townspeople traditionally make dates. From here we will go to the lively Rue de France with chic boutiques and restaurants. By the way, you'll be sure to hear about the peculiarities of the region's Mediterranean cuisine and life in this prestigious neighborhood.
Passing under the palm trees of the Promenade des Anglais, on one side you will see the beaches, and on the other majestic palaces-hotels: including Negresco, where Coco Chanel and Pablo Picasso stayed. Let's talk separately about the Russian history of Nice. Of course, you will learn about the name of everyone's favorite Promenade and meet its symbol. On the way we will look at the beaches and the "castle mountain", the birthplace of Nice.
Labyrinths of the Old Town
The second part of the tour is more relaxed with frequent stops and the opportunity to buy the most delicious ice cream in Nice) On the winding streets of Old Nice you will be transported to the Middle Ages, you will see houses of the 17th and even 16th century. The route will cover the Opera House, the Palace of Justice, the Church of the Annunciation, the Baroque Palace of Lascari and the Cathedral. You will uncover the secret of the name of the House of Adam and Eve and stop by the flower market, and we will end at Piazza Garibaldi, Nice's most famous hero.
Nice: instruction manual
In 2 hours, you'll not only trace the path of Nice and hear about its architecture, but you'll feel the pulse of the Mediterranean city. How can you tell the real Niçoiseans from the tourists? What traditions do the locals have? What is the unique microclimate of Nice? The guide will tell about the city from the inside, about French salaries, in-demand professions, pensions and education. He will advise on what to bring home from the sunny city and where to stop for lunch or a coffee for 1 euro.