A daily walk around Gyumri, Armenia
The cultural capital of Armenia, the city is creative, dynamic and passionate on this walk you will understand Gyumri.
- See the buildings and monuments without which you cannot imagine Gyumri
- Get to know the stories and traditions without which you cannot understand Gyumri
- Guide services
- Tour reservations close 24 hours in advance
- There may be more than 15 people in the group, as no tickets are purchased for children. Location and start time of the tour is the same for all participants.
- The tour is completely pedestrian. Along the way there are convenient stops and photo breaks with a favorable angle at the attractions.
- The tour runs every day by the same route (it's marked on the map in the "photo" section).
- At the end of the tour you will have a Q&A session: you will be able to ask the guide any questions about Gyumri, discuss the tour and exchange impressions!
- The tour will be led without headphones
The sightseeing tour will cover Vardanants Square, St. Savior's Church and other monuments, as well as unusual locations, such as a Soviet barbershop. Our guide will lovingly talk about the history, architecture, culture and legendary humor of his city!
The walk will start in the heart of the city, on Vardanants square, where you will visit the Church of Holy Mary and understand why this "seven streams" church is unique. Then you will learn why the Gyumrians nicknamed it "Good Morning". You will discover the architectural peculiarities of the Kostanovi baths, visit the Church of the Holy Sign, and hear the story of the family that built the "Villa Kars" hotel.
We will also visit Armenia's oldest photo studio, the Children's Art Center, the first pedestrian street in the USSR and even a hairdresser's, which has preserved its Soviet-era design. And to explore Armenia's contemporary art you will visit a gallery.
Stories and traditions, without which you can't understand Gyumri
In short, our passionate guide will tell you about history, architecture and a lot of life in Gyumri. In a couple of hours, you will follow the troubled history of the town and discover the amazing traditions, details of everyday life and the character of the locals. Including talk about Gyumri's humor and bravado.
Who is the right tour for? Those who want to have time to see all the most interesting things in Gyumri, get useful tips about the city and decide where to go on their own afterwards, as well as ask questions to a local expert. And, of course, to everyone who is visiting Gyumri for the first time.