Half-day Tour to Dendera Temple from Luxor
Enjoy a half-day tour to Dendera from Luxor. Visit and explore the impressive Temple of the Goddess Hathor at Dendera with your professional licensed tour guide.
- Explore the impressive Temple of the Goddess Hathor
- See monumental gateway, constructed by Trajan and Domitian
- Learn about the history of the construction of the temple
- Transportation by a/c vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Luxor area)
- Entrance fee
Dendera is just 55 km north of Luxor. It was known as Tnatre, and it was the capital city of the sixth Nome of Upper Egypt in ancient times. The Temple of Hathor is one of the most well-preserved antiquity sites in Egypt today and is an excellent example of traditional Pharaonic architecture. The Temple of Hathor was built primarily during the Ptolemaic Dynasty, which was a period of Greek rule in Egypt. However, the construction of the temple was completed under the Roman Emperor Trajan, who is seen depicted on the walls of the complex making offerings to Hathor. The temple complex also includes a monumental gateway, constructed by Trajan and Domitian, another Roman emperor.