1400-year History Exploration Tour in Asakusa
Enjoy a walking tour chock-full of interesting stories around the development of Asakusa and Tokyo.
- Discover a historic township in the heart of Tokyo with this half-day tour
- Join a local guide to see the Sensoji Temple, the market street of Nakamise-dori, and the Rokku district
- Taste traditional snacks and wander among the bars, boutiques, and snack stands of Rokku
- Selection of Japanese sweet snacks
- Headsets (to hear the guide)
- Tour guide
- Pick up and drop off
- Personal Expenses
Your guide will demystify intriguing historical facts including why the Sumida River is at the origin of the Senso-ji temple and how the Senso-ji temple and Asakusa developed hand in hand. You'll also learn about how Asakusa has become a forerunner of Japan's modernization and how the culture that flourished in the area impacted the world.
During the tour, you'll have the chance to taste Japanese fresh-made sweet snacks.