Lisbon's Forgotten Historical Palaces Tour, Portugal
- National Palácio de Queluz
- National Palácio da Ajuda
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon
- Private guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van
- Entrance fees to the National Queluz Palace
- National Ajuda Palace and Gardens
In the garden, wander among lakes, fountains and lead statues depicting mythological scenes. Finish your tour of this palace at the amazing Canal dos Azulejos. Here you can admire 18th-century tile designs and see where the royal family used to ride a small boat on sunny afternoons.
Next, head back to Lisbon, to visit the Ajuda Palace, located in the Belem neighbourhood. Inside, admire extravagant furniture, tapestries, sculptures, and decorative arts. Make your way through the impressive Dining Room, admiring crystal chandeliers, silk-covered chairs, and an allegory of the birth of King João VI on the ceiling. At the end of the tour, get dropped back at your hotel in Lisbon.