Lake Mývatn Day Tour and Godafoss Waterfall for Cruise Ships from Akureyri Port
From May to September
Discover the magical wonderland of Lake Myvatn and Godafoss Waterfall with an experienced local tour guide. We set off from Akureyri Port (or hotel) with a stunning drive along Eyjafjord to Godafoss waterfall and then onto the famous Lake Myvatn. The tour stops at top popular attractions in Lake Myvatn and the Myvatn Nature Baths.
- Lake Myvatn and Myvatn Nature Baths
- Hverir Mud pools
- Natural steam vents
- Dimmuborgir Lava formations
- Godafoss Waterfall
- An experienced local tour guide
- Transportation by 11 - 17 seater minibus
- Pick up and drop-off Akureyri Port (or hotel)
- Entrance fee to the Nature Baths
Please note: Duration is 4-6 hours (depending on docking time). CELEBRITY & NORWEGIAN CRUISE SHIPS on 6th June, 5th July, 11th July, 19th July, 2nd August, 13th August & 16th August due to docking times there will not be time for the Nature baths. Departure Time from Akureyri varies on different cruise ship days to suit cruise ship arrival times, please check your date.
Please, bring with you:
- Warm clothing and extra layers
- Waterproof layer and umbrella
- Water bottle
- Walking shoes/boots (suitable for snow and ice if weather necessitates)
- Swimsuit and Towel for Nature bath (can be rented)
- ID if discount needed at the nature baths
Pick up from Akureyri Port or Hotel.
Drive along the stunning Eyjafjordur, the longest fjord in Iceland on the way to Godafoss waterfall, the famous 'The Waterfall of the Gods'.
Visit Lake Myvatn Area including:
- Lake Myvatn: A lake formed 2300 years ago by a basalt lava eruption
- Hverir Mud Pools
- Hverarönd in Námaskarð natural steam vents
- Dimmuborgir Lava fields and formations with lava pillars known as the Dark Castles
- Myvatn Nature Baths A wonderful geothermal lagoon in lava fields. Enjoy the bath or relax in the Kvika Restaurant (please note food, drink and entrance fee are not included in the price).
- If you do not use the Nature Baths the guide can take you to visit Grjótagjá rift and cave: Part of the rift between the Eurasian & American Continents and an old bathing cave while others in the group use the Nature Baths.